If you’re looking for a special place to getaway for the holidays, consider staying with us at the Horse Stamp Inn and visiting Jekyll Island. Starting the weekend after Thanksgiving, there will be plenty of exciting holiday-themed fun and merriment on historic Jekyll Island. It’s a wonderful time to tour the historic district of Jekyll Island, when the cottages are all dressed up in their seasonal splendor. All of this and more is only a short 30 minute drive away from our Inn, which makes it the perfect getaway destination for the holidays. Book your room at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast today.
Getaway for the Holidays at the Horse Stamp Inn
Join us at the Horse Stamp Inn for the holidays this year, and join in the season of fun and merriment on Jekyll Island. The fun kicks off on November 24, 2018 with shopping at the annual Holiday Market, and the annual Tree Lighting Festival in Jekyll Island’s National Historic Landmark District. There will be shuttles available from the Great Dunes Golf Course for your convenience. November 24th also marks the annual opening of the Ice Skating Village in its new riverfront location near the Christmas tree. Here are a few of the other great holiday events happening on Jekyll Island this season:
- Holidays in History, a 90-minute tram tour through Jekyll Island’s historic center, as it’s all dressed up for the holidays. This tour includes entry into two cottages, decorated for the holiday season, as well as Faith Chapel.
- Christmas Twilight Tour, a special event tram tour of Jekyll Island’s historic center. This tour also includes a unique tour of Faith Chapel and concludes with light refreshments and sunset views from Indian Mound Cottage.
- Enjoy making a Victoria Christmas Craft in the historic Gilded-Age Mansions of Historic Jekyll Island.
- Watch the Holly Jolly Jekyll Parade on December 15, 2018.
- Throughout the season, enjoy the lighted displays around the island, including those whimsical holiday scenes depicted in colorful light displays in Beach Village and along Great Dunes Beach Park.
- Listen to the sounds of the season at the David Masterson Christmas Concert or the Jekyll Island Arts Association Choir Holiday Concert.
After a day filled with holiday fun, enjoy dinner at Driftwood Bistro or Grand Dining Room before heading back to your home away from home; the Horse Stamp Inn. As always, your stay at the Horse Stamp Inn begins with gracious hospitality, and ends with our luxurious accommodations and amenities. Your comfort is our number one priority during your stay with us, and our knowledgeable concierge service is here to help however needed. Book your getaway at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast, and come enjoy the holidays with us this season!