If you’re looking for things to do on Jekyll Island this fall, you’re in luck. We have the perfect guide to this incredible island, and this winter is the perfect opportunity to visit. A large part of the country is currently experiencing some cold arctic weather. While our weather is a far cry from our summer highs, we’re still enjoying some perfectly mild weather here on the stunning Georgia coast. Our mild weather, beautiful beaches, and delightful attractions make islands like Jekyll Island a fantastic place to get away this winter.
The Horse Stamp Inn is located approximately 30 minutes from the barrier islands known as the Golden Isles, which are filled with plenty of fun things to do this winter. Experience Georgia’s coast as it was meant to be on Jekyll Island. Book your room at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast today!
The 10 Best Things to do on Jekyll Island
Jekyll Island is one of Georgia’s Golden Isles; barrier islands nested on the coast of Georgia between Savannah and Jacksonville. The island itself is owned by the state of Georgia, and today it’s run as a state park. To that end, Jekyll Island is an experience like no other and is a stunning example of the beauty of intact coastal ecosystems. If you’re looking to connect with nature during your getaway, this is the place to do it.
There are many different ways to enjoy Jekyll Island, but this winter here are our 10 picks for fun things to do on Jekyll Island Georgia.
- It goes without saying, but topping the list of things to do on Jekyll Island is visiting its incredible beaches. The most popular of these beaches, and an absolute must-see during your time on Jekyll Island, is Driftwood Beach. Ancient driftwood monuments and gorgeous sunsets will leave you with plenty of lasting memories (and likely photos, too!).
- Visit the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, and learn more about these incredible animals and what Jekyll Island is doing to help their cause.
- Go kayaking around the island, where you can potentially see everything from manatees and horseshoe crabs to coastal birds and bottlenose dolphins.
- Dig into the fascinating history of Jekyll Island, and take one of the island’s historic tours.
- Celebrate the holidays with the Holly Jolly Jekyll celebrations, or the Christmas Twilight Tours.
- Enjoy a day biking around the island. You can rent bikes from a few different locations, and then the 20 miles of paths and trails on the island are yours to explore.
- Go Golfing! The Jekyll Island Golf Club offers 63 incredible holes of golf.
- View the wildlife on Jekyll Island! On Saturdays between December and March, take a ranger walk and learn about Maritime Forest Ecology, while at the same time visiting Bald Eagle Nests.
- Take a boat tour with Jekyll Island Boat Tours.
- Get a taste of island life at top Jekyll Island restaurants, including Jekyll Island Seafood, The Wharf, and Eighty Ocean Kitchen and Bar.
The Perfect Lodging for the Perfect Getaway
Though the Horse Stamp Inn isn’t located on Jekyll Island or any other of the Golden Isles, it’s not all that far away. It’s just over 30 minutes inland from the Georgia Coast. More importantly, the Horse Stamp Inn is an unbeatably luxurious property that will whisk your worries away from the moment you drive onto our beautiful 16-acre property. And, after all, leaving your cares behind is the entire reason to getaway to the Georgia coast in the first place.
Step foot in our luxurious guest rooms and you’ll see what we’re talking about. You’ll find oversized, luxuriously appointed King Beds in each room, which has all been thoughtfully decorated and outfitted with top-of-the-line modern amenities. Daily gourmet breakfasts are served fresh, and every detail of your stay is taken care of for you. You’ll wonder why you haven’t stayed with us before, and we’ll wonder when we’re going to see you again.
Enjoy luxury like no other. Book a room at the Horse Stamp Inn, Georgia’s finest Bed and Breakfast, this winter. We can’t wait to share our little slice of paradise with you!