Are you looking for fun things to do in Georgia this fall? Us too! If you plan on visiting Georgia, or even if you live in the area and are just looking to get away for a few days, you need to come visit us on the Georgia Coast. The Horse Stamp Inn is located approximately 30 minutes from the barrier islands known as the Golden Isles, which are filled with plenty of fun things to do this fall. And, now that the threat of Hurricane Dorian has come and gone, the weather is still plenty mild and enjoyable out on the coastal beaches. Book your room at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Fun Things to do in Georgia This Fall
Georgia is a fun state, packed with a variety of great places to go and things to do. Spend some time visiting the incredible city of Atlanta, drive out to the coast and explore the historic streets of Tybee Island, or, better yet, head down towards the Horse Stamp Inn and visit the incredible Golden Isles. Of all the things to do in Georgia, visiting the storied Golden Isles is by far the best. The Golden Isles are a string of barrier islands off the coast of Georgia. They consist of St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island, Little St. Simons Island, and Sea Island. Each of them has its own character and personality, and all offer exceptional natural beauty and the unique coastal habitats Georgia is known for. Get to know Georgia’s coast this fall.
Here are 10 unique things to do in Georgia this fall:
- Grab your camera and head to Driftwood Beach. It’s one of the most iconic places in the Golden Isles and is wildly popular with photographers.
- Go Horseback riding through stunning coastal habitats. There are stables and riding academies that can help you do exactly that in Brunswick, St. Simons Island, and Jekyll Island.
- Visit the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of the coastal sea turtle population.
- Visit the unforgettable faces of the tree spirits on St. Simons Island. These tree spirits hand-carved faces in the trees, each of which has their own look and personality.
- Take a guided day-trip to Little St. Simons Island, and see the coastal habitats as you’ve never seen them before. Little St. Simons Island is accessible only by boat, but once there enjoy a naturalist-led tour and the stunningly beautiful, undeveloped stretches of 7-mile beach.
- Head to the Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation for a glimpse into what life on the Georgia Coast was like during the 1800’s on this former rice plantation.
- Wind your way in and out of these incredibly marshy waterways on a stand-up paddleboard, kayak, or canoe. This fall, the gold and amber grasses will give off a golden-hued glow that is simply magical.
- Climb up to the stop of St. Simons Island Lighthouse and enjoy the views.
- Go biking on the 50+ miles of paved biking trails crisscrossing both St. Simons and Jekyll Islands.
The 10th Reason to Visit the Golden Isles
Last, but certainly not least, unwind and relax on our private 16-acre retreat at the Horse Stamp Inn Bed and Breakfast. There are a number of beautiful places to relax, including our pool, artisanal pond, wrap-around porch, and firepit. Make sure you visit our resident horses while you’re here as well. Finally, let us show you the true meaning of Southern Hospitality. Our home is your home, and we look forward to helping you make the most of these fun things to do in Georgia this fall! Book your room at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast today.