If you’ve never had the opportunity to visit St. Simons Island, this fall may give you the perfect opportunity While a majority of the country is plunging heavily into colder, wetter fall weather, we’re still enjoying perfect weather on the Georgia Coast. Daytime highs are still averaging in the 80’s, which means this October and November are the perfect time to escape to the famed beaches and trails of St. Simons Island.
St. Simons Island has a solid reputation as a getaway favorite. In 2014, it was voted by Travel & Leisure Magazine as the top romantic town and the country’s favorite beach town. What more do you need to know? Come explore the coastal beauty of St. Simons Island this fall while you stay in luxury at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
St. Simons Island is the Ideal Fall Getaway
St. Simons Island is in the part of Georgia known as the Golden Isles; barrier islands nested on the coast of Georgia between Savannah and Jacksonville. St. Simons is the largest and most popular of these islands, and his home to an incredible array of things to do. Choose from exploring island beaches, golfing, charter fishing, indulging at local spas and salons, sampling coastal cuisine in exquisite restaurants, biking down miles of trails, and relaxing under the Georgia sun.
There’s so much to choose from, but this fall, here are our 10 picks for fun things to do in St. Simons Island.
- It kind of goes without saying, but the beaches are the #1 attraction on St. Simons Island. There are miles of pristine shoreline. East Beach is the most popular.
- Enjoy a variety of art exhibits, concerts, and performances at St. Simon Island’s Glynn Visual Arts Center.
- Rent a bike and meander your way across the miles of bike trails on St. Simons Island. It’s a great way to get around for the day.
- Go golfing! There are a number of golf courses on St. Simons Island and nearby.
- Paddle your way around the infamous Marshes of Glynn, where you’ll gain new perspective and appreciation for these incredible barrier islands. There are a variety of kayak/canoe rentals and tours available in the area.
- Take a tour of St. Simons Island on the St. Simons Trolley, which stops at the Lighthouse, Fort Frederica and Christ Church.
- Visit the historic sights of St. Simons Island, including the Fort Frederica National Monument.
- Drop a line and fish directly from the St. Simons Island Pier, or arrange for some charter fishing off the coast of Georgia.
- Enjoy an afternoon browsing the many delightful shops and boutiques on St. Simons Island.
- Visit the historic St. Simons Island Lighthouse & Museum.
Why The Horse Stamp Inn Should Be a Part of Your Getaway
Though the Horse Stamp Inn isn’t located on St. Simons Island, or any other of the Golden Isles, it’s not all that far away. It’s just over 30 minutes inland from the Georgia Coast. More importantly, the Horse Stamp Inn is an unbeatably luxurious property that will whisk your worries away from the moment you drive onto our beautifully landscaped, 16-acre property. And, after all, leaving your cares behind is the entire reason to getaway to the Georgia coast in the first place.
Step foot in our luxurious guest rooms and you’ll see what we’re talking about. You’ll find oversized, luxuriously appointed King Beds in each room, which has all been thoughtfully decorated and outfitted with top-of-the-line modern amenities. Daily gourmet breakfasts are served fresh, and every detail of your stay is taken care of for you. You’ll wonder why you haven’t stayed with us before, and we’ll wonder when we’re going to see you again.
Enjoy luxury like no other. Book a room at the Horse Stamp Inn, Georgia’s finest Bed and Breakfast, this fall. We can’t wait to share our little slice of paradise with you!