If you’re traveling from Savannah to Jacksonville, there are plenty of things to do and see along the way. The trip itself doesn’t take very long. It fact, it’s just over a 2-hour drive along I-95. However, there is so much beautiful coastline between the two cities. It’s more than worth your time to stop and explore the area for a few hours, especially when you get to the Golden Isles. We have little doubt you’ll love your time here so much that you’ll want to stay longer. For that, you’ll find the luxury accommodations at the Horse Stamp Inn Bed and Breakfast are the ideal choice for lodging between Savannah and Jacksonville. Book your room with us today!
10 Things to Do From Savannah to Jacksonville
Some people might just want to arrive at their destination in the fastest time possible, but we happen to think most of the fun comes from taking the time to enjoy the journey itself. So, if you find yourself traveling from Savannah to Jacksonville sometime this fall, join us in making the journey memorable!
Stop for a night or two of luxury at our romantic Georgia Bed ad Breakfast, and spend some time exploring the Golden Isles with us. Here are 10 things to pique your interest!
- Enjoy a guided horseback ride through maritime forests, salt marshes and along the vast beaches of St. Simons Island. You can also take a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride through Jekyll Island’s historic district.
- Take a naturalist tour of Little St. Simons Island, which is accessible only by boat. The undeveloped island is home to a picturesque 7-mile beach that is perfect for nature and wildlife lovers.
- Snap some photos to share on Driftwood Beach, one of the most photographed sites in Georgia. It’s particularly magical at sunrise, which gives you all the more reason to stay overnight at the Horse Stamp Inn!
- Climb 129 steps to the top of St. Simons Island Lighthouse and take in the breathtaking beauty of this portion of Georgia’s coast.
- Take a serene kayak, canoe, or paddleboard trip through the famed marshes of the Golden Isles, including the Marshes of Glynn that were so eloquently immortalized by poet Sidney Lanier.
- Visit the historic Fort Frederica National Monument, or Christ Church Frederica, a commonly photographed destination on St. Simons Island.
- Visit the Georgia Sea Turtle Center on Jekyll Island, an incredible rehabilitation center for sea turtles.
- Bike the 50+ miles of bike trails on St. Simons Island and Jekyll Island. It’s a great way to not only take in the sights but to absorb the serenity of the Golden Isles.
- Stroll Newcastle Street in Historic Downtown Brunswick, where you’ll enjoy a classic old town feel mixed with modern city life. Indulge in southern comfort food at their local restaurants, and stop by Richland Rum, named the best American Rum by Forbes.
- Experience unbeatable southern hospitality at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast. We’re located near the Golden Isles, the perfect midway point along your trip from Savannah to Jacksonville.
An Overnight Stay at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast
We may have already mentioned the #1 reason for stopping for a night or two at our Inn, but it bears repeating. Here, you’ll enjoy unbeatable southern hospitality, all the while surrounded by the luxury and comfort you crave from a night away from home. In the morning, we’ll send you on your way with a delicious gourmet, made-from-scratch breakfast, served hot and fresh in our gathering room or our screened-in porch by the pool.
Make your trip from Savannah to Jacksonville memorable, and stop for some time in the stunning Golden Isles of Georgia. Book your room at the Horse Stamp Inn today!