Between the Georgia mainland and the Golden Isles, there are 189 holes of golf to play, including some of the most legendary courses and clubs in the area. In fact, you could play two 18-hole games a day for 5 days on the Golden Isles, and never play the same whole twice. This is truly a golfers paradise! Golf has long been part of the fabric of life on the Golden Isles, beginning with the millionaire members of the Jekyll Island Club in the late 19th century. Weather in the Golden Isles is pleasant year-round, so if you’re looking for a golfing vacation, you’ve found it. Whether for casual play or for tournaments, golfing in the Golden Isles is extraordinary, and easily within your reach when you stay at the Horse Stamp Inn, a luxury property just inland from the coast. Book your room at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast today, and start planning your your tee times.
Golfing the Golden Isles
Whether you’re a casual golfer or a dedicated player and follower of the PGA, there is something for everyone in the Golden Isles. There are traditional 18-hole courses, 9-hole courses, and links courses, all designed with your enjoyment in mind. If the extraordinary golfing opportunities aren’t enough to get here, the incomparable beauty of our courses should be. Imagine the warming, autumn sun on your back, while you stand on a course surrounded by Spanish moss-draped oak trees than are older than you are. It’s certainly bound to be a perfect afternoon spent on the golf course. Here are a few of the best ways to enjoy golf in the Golden Isles:
- The golf close closest to the Horse Stamp Inn in Sanctuary Cove Golf Club. Though it is a semi-private golf course, it’s also open to the public, and a great place to host corporate or other events, especially when combining that with a stay at our luxury Inn.
- If you enjoy Scottish Links style golf courses, with an unforgiving rough and an open layout, then you’ll want to head to King and Prince Golf Course, Jekyll Island Golf Club and Heritage Oaks Golf Club. Each of them has a Scottish Links style, and they are also undeniably beautiful, surrounded by the beautiful coastal marshes that are the hallmark of the Golden Isles.
- Step up your game and match wits with Golf legends at Sea Island Golf Club’s Retreat Course (designed by PGA TOUR legend Davis Love III), the King and Prince Golf Course (designed by Joe Lee and Billy Fuller), or the Brunswick Country Club (designed by Donald Ross).
- The Georgia-Florida Golf Classic will take place October 24-26, 2018 at the Jekyll Island Golf Club. This fun event is a great way to get on the course, and fuel the Georgia-Florida rivalry before the SEC college football showdown.
- The RSM Classic PGA Tour event will take place at Sea Island Golf Club from November 12 – 18, 2018. It’s an incredible event for fans of golf, and the perfect opportunity to explore the beauty of Sea Island Golf Club while watching some of the most elite golfers in the world.
After a long day on the course, there’s no better place to rest and relax than the Horse Stamp Inn, the Georgia coast’s most luxurious Bed and Breakfast. The Horse Stamp Inn is a destination in and of itself. Here, you’ll enjoy our secluded and picturesque property, the highest level of hospitality, and concierge service designed with your every need in mind. Book your getaway to our beautiful Georgia Bed and Breakfast today.