Are you looking for the best beaches near Atlanta? Look no further! Our luxury Bed and Breakfast is located just inshore for Georgia’s barrier islands, often referred to as the Golden Isles, which just so happen to have some of the best beaches in the entire state. Though Tybee Island is technically the closest beach to Atlanta at just over 4 hours away from the city center, you only have to add an extra 30 or so minutes onto your trip to reach the best beaches near Atlanta, which are located on St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island, Little St. Simons Island, and Sea Island. Get out of the city for a few unforgettable days on the Georgia Coast. Book your room at our Georgia Bed and Breakfast today!
The 7 Best Beaches Near Atlanta
Travel anywhere along the Georgia coast between Savannah and Jacksonville Florida, and you’re likely to find some truly beautiful coastal beaches. Some of Georgia’s barrier islands look as though they are closer to Atlanta than those we’re highlighting here. But, in fact, many of those beaches are private, inaccessible, or can be accessed only by boat. Instead, we’re focusing on the barrier islands that are connected to the mainland via roadways, making them easier and more practical for a few unforgettable days at the beach. By car, you’ll spend between 4.5 and 5.5 hours getting the closest beach to Atlanta. While we recognize that there are plenty of miles of stunning coastline to explore, we’re partial to the beaches found on Georgia’s Golden Isles, which are just over 30 minutes from our idyllic retreat, and around 4.5 hours from downtown Atlanta.
Without further ado, here are our picks for the 7 best beaches near Atlanta:
- We’ll start with the most iconic and hauntingly beautiful beach on the entirety of the Georgia coast: Driftwood Beach on Jekyll Island. It’s the perfect place to watch a sunset and snap some of the most memorable photos of your vacation.
- Another great beach on Jekyll Island is Great Dunes Park. This classic beach is located next door to the Georgia Sea Turtle Center and is used to release rehabilitated loggerhead sea turtles back into the Ocean.
- If you want to spend your day watching coastal wildlife, head to Glory Beach on Jekyll Island. The views here stretch for miles, and several species of migratory birds make their way through this pristine habitat.
- Another great place for birdwatching is Gould’s Inlet on St. Simons Island. You can also launch a kayak from here and explore it by water.
- East Beach on St. Simons Island is one of the most popular beaches in the Golden Isles, perfect for beachcombing, relaxing, walking, and even bike rides.
- For some uninterrupted time on one of the most pristine beaches on the Georgia Coast, head to Seven-Mile beach on Little St. Simons Island. Access is limited to these private beaches, but you can enjoy them on a guided day trip.
- Head a little further south on Georgia’s beautiful coast, and visit the untouched beaches of Cumberland National Island Seashore.
A Day at the Beach Deserves a Night of Luxury
Any trip to the Georgia Coast, whether you’re coming from Atlanta, Savannah, Jacksonville, or somewhere even farther away, deserves the luxury accommodations you’ll find at the Horse Stamp Inn. Our Inn is located on 16 private acres and welcomes you with the grace and hospitality you’d expect of the South. After a day spent walking miles upon miles of sandy beaches in the Golden Isles, return for a night of pampering and relaxation at our luxury Bed and Breakfast. Celebrate with a candlelit dinner for two, a little bit of cake and champagne, or a relaxing conversation around our bonfire. We’ll attend to your every need while you’re here, so all you have to do is enjoy even the simplest of moments.
Come see for yourself why we’ve been called one of the most romantic Inns in the country. Book a room at the Horse Stamp Inn Bed and Breakfast today!