We know that much of country is still mired in cold, wintry weather. That’s not the case on the Georgia coast, though. Here, near the Golden Isles, we’re already enjoying some spectacular spring weather. It’s the perfect time of year to come visit us at our luxury Bed and Breakfast, and an even better time to plan ahead for those upcoming spring and summer getaways. St. Simon’s Island, the most popular of the Golden Isles, was recently named America’s #1 Favorite Romantic Town, as well as America’s #1 Favorite Beach Town by Travel + Leisure Magazine. It’s home to picturesque beaches, great golfing, charter fishing, a variety of spas and salons, plenty of delicious restaurants to savor, unspoiled beauty, and a distinctively charming beach lifestyle. In short, it’s truly the perfect vacation destination! It’s your turn to relax in our comfortable accommodations, and discover the best of the barrier islands this spring or summer. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Delicious Restaurants to Try on St. Simon’s Island
St. Simon’s Island is incredibly beautiful, and one of the most popular of the Golden Isles to visit. You’ll be greeted by massive oak trees draped heavily with Spanish moss, which helps transform both time and place. Whether you enjoy shopping, hiking, biking, kayaking, wine tasting, golfing, beachcombing, or something else entirely, there’s no doubt you’ll find something to love while you’re here. In the evenings, when you’re ready to wind down and relax, St. Simon’s Island boasts a delightful selection of restaurants. Here are a few you should try throughout your stays with us in 2019:
- If you’re looking for a quintessential St. Simons Island beachfront dining experience, you can only find that at Echo Oceanfront Restaurant. They serve classic coastal cuisine, and are the island’s only oceanfront dining. Reservations aren’t required, but they are certainly recommended if your heart is set on a romantic oceanfront dinner.
- For the best cheeseburger and a casual but fun dinner (perhaps to enjoy on the beach?), head to ZuZu’s.
- You can’t leave Georgia without some Southern BBQ. For that, there’s a former gas station turned restaurant known as Southern Soul BBQ. Dig in and enjoy!
- Seafood lovers simply do not want to skip Iguana’s–don’t let the name scare you away!
- If you want southern favorites, head to Barbara Jean’s, a homey diner best known for their crab cakes.
- For another delightful seafood-focused restaurant, try the Georgia Sea Grill.
- If you’re looking for something different, especially with vegan and vegetarian options, try Delaney’s Bistro.
- For some delicious island cuisine, a casually elegant atmosphere with a cozy lounge and courtyard, and an extensive wine cellar with 7 Wine Spectator Awards, head to Halyards.
- If you want a break from seafood and coastal cuisine, we recommend some classic Italian fare from Tramici.
- For some simple, authentic, and creatively handmade food with an Argentinian flare, head to Del Sur Artisan Eats. You won’t be disappointed!
After a relaxing evening on St. Simon’s Island, make your way back to the Horse Stamp Inn for the best night of sleep you’ll have away from home. Our luxury guest rooms and amenities are carefully curated, with nothing but your comfort in mind. Book your stay at Georgia’s best Bed and Breakfast today!